Big Drop NYC established its New York City Soho flagship in 1990, as a premier contemporary women’s wear retailer, housing independent designers and favored labels. Big Drop builds its reputation through its stylish clientele and breathes life into fashion through a personal and interactive shopping experience. Vital to the store’s image, Big Drop aims to give emerging designers exposure and maintain a constant flow of new merchandise. Since its launch, Big Drop rides on its reputation of providing a keenly curated mix of timeless staples and trendy styles from favorite brands such as L’agence, LoveShackFancy, For Love & Lemons, Jennifer Hope, Agolde, and more.
The company’s personal connection with each client is what makes Big Drop NYC compelling, covetable, unique and one of the oldest family owned women’s boutiques. In building this team, we are looking for team members that have the thirst and creativity to make Big Drop NYC the top women’s contemporary brand in the world. We are a diverse and dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep Big Drop NYC a company where inspired and hard working people will always thrive and feel supported.
GRAPHIC DESIGN ASSISTANT/INTERN:
Your graphic design skills are out of this world! You are a social media guru and in the know of new design trends, techniques, and tools in the digital world. You love to create and are innovative beyond belief. You will be working hand in hand with the owner to conceptualize and create graphics across all channels. You will be creating digital assets for social media marketing, ad placement, e-commerce and social platforms. You are a multitasker, love to design and create, proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other editing applications. You understand the brand identity and can think beyond the present, to set trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in branding Big Drop NYC and bringing that vision to life in a cohesive manner that speaks to our audience
- Transform concepts into visual executions that articulate the Big Drop brand and deliver on business needs
- Create digital assets for banners, landing pages, email marketing, social media ads and client services
- Design and execute layouts for ecommerce site
- Assist in planning ecommerce calendar, while corresponding to social media platforms with relatable content
- Assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring Big Drop NYC’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness and increase sales
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and client VIP program
- Perform research on current trends, competitors, and audience preferences
- Analyze data to present which initiatives work best and capitalize on this information to continue scaling the business
- Knowledgeable in the Big Drop consumer and brand
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient in social media platforms (Instagram Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience in animation for social media (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Experience in post-production, markup and retouching (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal
- Strong typography, composition and layout skills
- Curate inspiration boards on Pinterest for social media and ecommerce site
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to self manage, while also collaborating with the owner on a daily basis
- Ability to own a project from start to finish, working autonomously, but welcoming feedback and collaboration
- Knowledge of digital trends in the fashion industry
- Have a passion for servicing and creating a superior experience for our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy- often over experience
- Are a small company, all working very closely together
- Are located in Soho in the heart of Manhattan (this position is currently offered remotely)
- Are hungry to grow our 30 year old business and level up!!
- Are excited to hear from you and build our creative team!!
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. In rebuilding our team, we are looking for people who will roll up their sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. People who are eager to learn, but are also confident in what they bring to the team. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day. We are so grateful for your interest in working with us and are excited to build our DREAM TEAM.
**This position is currently offered as a remote position, until further notice. This position is offered through monetary compensation or college credit. If you do not possess all skills listed above, but are extremely passionate about graphic design and Big Drop NYC- APPLY. We want to hear from you.To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "GRAPHIC DESIGN POSITION" and specify "Assistant" or "Intern".